I haven’t put my cardiovascular system to the test like this in quite a while. I feel however, after consuming a few too many calories consisting of Pennsylvania Dutch Filling, Cranberry Relish, Green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, and of course, plenty of turkey, I had to do something very intense to ease my guilty conscious. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I wish you a very healthy remainder 2017 and prosperous New Year!
Today’s workout, was the following:
- 1000 meter row followed by 10 reps of Power Cleans
- 900 meter row followed by 9 reps of Power Cleans
- all the way down to 100 meter and 1 rep.
- Rested only as needed (which happened to be more than expected!)
- Took me 41 minutes to complete the workout.
Thought would be a good time to complete a check in since this journey (full out) began back in August. Weight is at 205lbs, but strength is up, energy is up, and feeling great! I hope I have dispelled all concerns that we need (middle aged) protein from animals at every meal of the day. Plant protein is just as effective for muscle repair!