My youngest son is going to be stoked when he comes home from school today, he will immediately ask me if he can make up one of our homemade vegan black bean burgers. I have attempted at least 20 recipes, and without question, and my sons confirmation, this is by far the best one we’ve had. It all comes down to a couple secret ingredients (well, not really).
Here is what you need:
(By the way, I don’t measure!).
cayenne pepper, curry powder, coriander, cumin, chile powder, and onion powder.
black beans rinsed, small zucchini, carrot, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 red onion, 3-4 mushrooms, handful of cilantro.
In your food processor, add:
- black beans, garlic cloves and mushrooms
- pulse to a paste
- chop up your cilantro first, then add to the bean mixture and pulse well.
- Add your seasoning
- Using a grater, grate up your zucchini and carrot, and chop up your onion.
- Add Falafel mix and jalepenos to processor and pulse well
- Scoop into a mixing bowl
- Add zucchini and carrot and mix till all blended well.
Add some olive oil to a pan and fry up nice and crisp. I like mine with a side of avocado and organic tomatoes, my son likes to make a sandwich out of it. Hope you enjoy!