Anyone else out there that can relate to this? Had great intentions on that “beach body” for the summer, and here we are, end of July and you’re thinking, “well that didn’t go as planned!” Yep, me too. Took on a new job, this was the first time I worked full time while the boys were off, kind of just threw me off my game!
No more excuses! We all can make them. It’s time to get laser like focus and test our mental and physical capabilities by completing the 21 Day Shred. This will be 21 consecutive days of 21 exercises, performed in 30 second intervals with 30 second rest, all body weight and some dumbbell exercises, performed in the comfort of your own home. Live video feed for those that want to follow along at 5:30am EST or complete on your own time. We will be tracking on our private facebook page and pushing and motivating each other to keep going! In the end, 2 men and 2 women will be chosen by the group who represented the contest the best by logging each consecutive day, and being there to motivate and support the others.
In addition, the goal of the group is to make a few dietary changes as well. This includes the follow:
- No added sugar. If the label says “sugar” do not consume!
- No breads
- No alcohol
- No processed meats, crackers, cookies, or anything artificial
- No dairy
- No concentrated fruit juices
Think you can do it? I am betting that as a group, we all can! In addition, completing the exercises I have outlined will benefit in the following ways:
- Spike the metabolism into high gear with 21 consecutive days of exercise.
- Develop phenomenal core and stability strength
- Develop a strong mental attitude
- Provide support and encouragement for all contestants
- Lay the foundation for new habits, since it takes 21 days to form a new habit.
Click here to view the contest details and see the exercises that will be performed during the 21 days. There will be variation to the exercises, but all are of medium difficulty and can be performed by most. How much determination do you have? Enough to make it for 21 days?
I am going for it, and I would love to see you too!